™ offers optimum protection for people and property.
For safety, security or noise control, it remains intact and in place after accidental impact reducing the possibility of injury or restricting access after deliberate impact. Pilkington Optilam™ is trusted for use in applications from domestic conservatories to large commercial or public buildings.
Pilkington Optilam™ is manufactured by combining two or more panes of glass with one or more polyvinylbutyral (PVB) interlayers. The interlayers ensure the integrity of the glass by holding the broken pieces in place should damage occur.
•When impacted, Pilkington Optilam™ is designed to remain intact or to break safely in such a way as to reduce injury. Glass fragments adhere strongly to the interlayer – with the resistant cushioning effect dissipating the energy.
- When suitably specified the product will allow the installation to comply with the requirements of - Part N (England and Wales) Glazing Materials and protection against impact.
- Part P (Scotland) Miscellaneous Hazards.
- Part V (Northern Ireland) Glazing.
- Up to Class A impact safety performance to BS 6206: 1981/BS EN 12600 classification 1.
- Can be incorporated in Pilkington Insulight™ units in combination with many other products in the Pilkington range of high performance glass.
- Can offer optimum protection of people and property.
- Can be used for a wide variety of applications, particularly beneficial for overhead glazing, full-height barriers, shop fronts, doors and low-level glazing.
- Supplied and backed by a comprehensive technical advisory service to guide you in the product’s optimum use
- Provides sophisticated solutions for safety and security.